LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Located in Virginia Beach, VA;
- Pro Style Spring Training Program, designed by professional players & coaches for collegiate players.
- Three outstanding clinics where you will have the opportunity to learn from former MLB and MiLB players, coaches & scouts, along with great college coaches, plus the league will be hosting a scout day, increasing player exposure to both MLB scouts and area college coaches;
- Games played on some of the best fields in Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake;
- 3-man crew of experienced collegiate umpires for all regular season and post season games, (Eastern Officials Association);
- League carries $ 1 Million Liability Insurance;
- $25,000 Supplemental Medical Insurance (per occurrence);
- Baseballs, Helmets, Jerseys, Hat, Socks & Belts* provided;
- Experienced Coaches dedicated to player development;
- Live game feeds, with league, team and player stats & standings via Game Changer;
- Live internet broadcast of select games via Facebook and/or Twitter;
- Well organized, high quality, competitive, wood bat summer baseball.
- Individual, customized programs designed to help each player reach their goals while helping to develop a solid, baseball focused, daily personal work-out that will help improve performance and consistency.
- Shorter season allowing players to have a productive summer baseball experience and still have a summer break to enjoy being home and with family and friends, take an online class, pick up a few extra dollars working a summer job for a month or so before returning to school, all while maintaining the daily work-out regimes that became habit during the summer season.
- Players report Saturday, June 6th, and the season ends Wednesday, July 8th.
- Our program is designed to ensure that every “able bodied” player in the league plays in every game, it’s built into the program.
- Players can expect to get approximately 108 innings in the field, and around 70 at bats during our regular season and post season games, and pitchers can expect to get between 18 and 22 innings on the bump over the season, with strict adherence to the league’s pitch count/days rest rules and as part of a healthy throwing routine.
- In addition, players will be getting additional reps in the field and additional hitting at daily practices.
- Access to league arranged practice fields, weight room, fitness center, indoor & outdoor batting cages, bullpens and other training facilities;
- Each team will be scheduled to play 24 games, including a 21 game regular season schedule, and 3 games guaranteed in the Post Season Championship Tournament.
- Annual All-Star Game ;
- All league games are 9 innings;
- Player of the Week Awards, League MVP Awards and other player recognition;
- Discounts on great hotels in the Virginia Beach area through our league’s lodging partner LTD Hospitality for family and friends;
- Baseball pants are NOT provided by the league or teams. It is the responsibility of each player to bring their own baseball pants (1 pair white & 1 pair grey);
- Bats are NOT provided by the league or teams. It is the responsibility of each player to provide himself with an adequate supply of bats for their personal use throughout the season;
- Housing/Meal Plan is NOT included in league membership fees. See our Housing Info page for additional information;
- Friday, June 5, 2020 – Coaches & Interns Report
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 – Coaches & Interns Mandatory Meeting; Time: 9:00 am; Site: TBA
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 – Players Report; 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Saturday, June 6, 2020 – Mandatory League Meeting; Time: 8:30 pm; Site: TBA
- Sunday, June 7, 2020 – Clinic 1; Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am; Site: TBA
- Sunday, June 7, 2020 – Team Practice Day; Times: 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm; Sites: TBA
- Monday, June 8, 2020 – Opening Day
- Sunday, June 14, 2020 – Scout Day; Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am; Site: TBA
- Saturday, June 20, 2020 – Clinic 2; Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am; Site: TBA
- Friday, June 26, 2020 – Clinic 3; Time: 9:00 am – 11:00 am; Site: TBA
- Thursday, July 2, 2020 – OFF DAY
- Friday, July 3, 2020 – ALL-STAR GAME; Time: TBA; Site: TBA
- Saturday, July 4, 2020 – OFF DAY – Independence Day
- Sunday, July 5, 2020 – Post Season Tournament; Round Robin Games, Day 1
- Monday, July 6, 2020 – Post Season Tournament; Round Robin Games, Day 2
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020 – Post Season Tournament; Round Robin Games, Day 3
- Wednesday, July 8, 2020 – Post Season Championship; League Championship Game
- Thursday, July 9, 2020 – All players, coaches & interns checked out of dorms not later than 11:00 am
The TSL’s Development Division offers individualized instruction and training programs that utilize the league’s facilities and platforms to help players achieve their individual goals, and also provide team and group instruction and training.
Upon arrival, coaches and players will discuss, identify and target individual goals for each player, and then help them customize a personal, baseball focused, daily work out.
Our daily routine includes strength & conditioning/speed & agility workouts (alternating days); daily practices that include hitting, fielding, position play, throwing, base running, etc.; and our daily games.
Players should expect to participate in daily work outs, practices and games during our season, in addition to their own personal, baseball focused, daily work-outs.
Our program has been designed by former MLB players, coaches, collegiate coaches, professional scouts and former professional players. While there are many who have contributed to the league and it’s development over the years, special recognition is given to Gary Lavelle, Mike Cuddyer, Tony Guzzo, Gary Wright, Alan Erbie, Matt Smith, Ian Thomas, Bobby McKinney, Jack Moore, Nick Giaquinto and Chuck Slaughter, who have helped provide their expertise, years of experience across a broad spectrum of professional and collegiate baseball, along with their time and energy in the development of our programming, ensuring our players are receiving a true professional experience, and a genuine opportunity to further develop their baseball skills and advance their careers, all in such a manner as will not jeopardize their NCAA eligibility.
HITTERS & FIELDERS:
Hitters and Fielders will be provided with the platform they will need to perform at their best every time the step in the batter’s box or take their defensive position in the field through the development of a solid daily baseball focused personal work out.
In addition to the normal daily batting practice sessions, our clinics and program includes area’s such as pre-game/pre-work out routines, proper stretching routines, throwing and hitting routines that include both the physical and mental preparations needed for players to achieve the consistency that coaches and scouts are looking for.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL TRAINING:
Physical training opportunities includes Strength and Conditioning work outs, Speed and Agility work outs, Base Running drills, PFP’s and general offensive and defensive strategies and execution.
Our clinics and programs include area’s such attitude, approach, positive self talk, situational awareness, learning from the bench, pitch by pitch mental adjustments, and many other valuable baseball related strategies, processes and mind-sets.
Pitcher’s will be provided with professional guidance regarding proper pre-game & post-game physical and mental routines and progressions proven to help pitchers to perform at their best, every time they toe the rubber.
Our clinics and instruction includes both off day routines and game days routines. Pre-game routines that include proper stretching, throwing, pen work, pitching from the mound and all of the physical and mental preparations necessary for consistent outings are included.
Special focus is given to topics such as “stretching & getting loose and ready to pitch as a starter”; “stretching & getting loose and ready to pitch as a reliever”; and “stretching, getting loose & “HOT quick”, without hurting you arm”.
Also included in our pitcher’s program is a solid post-game routine, focused on “what pitcher’s do following their outing” that promotes proper arm care and healthy arms and bodies.
The Tidewater Summer League strictly enforces our pitch count / days rest rules, as player safety and proper arm care will not be compromised.
LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP COST
2020 TSL Development Division’s League Membership Fees = $1,100.00 per player.
HOUSING MEAL PLAN COST
2020 Housing/Meal Plan Fees – $1,100.00 per player (includes all applicable taxes, fees & gratuities).