2018 PLAYER MEMBERSHIP & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY
- “Collegiate” players* are eligible. *current NCAA, NJCAA, NCCAA and or NAIA athlete’s who have eligibility remaining in accordance with NCAA, NJCAA, NCCAA and or NAIA regulation;
- “Rookie” players* are eligible. *players who  have graduated from HS;  will be attending college and playing baseball for the upcoming season;
- “Veteran” players* are eligible. *players (seniors) who  will graduate the same calendar year as summer season, but have exhausted their remaining eligibility to play NCAA, NJCAA, NCCAA and or NAIA;  have not signed a professional contract in the game of baseball;
LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
Our member’s receive the following benefits:
- Games played on some of the area’s best fields, including NSU and VWU’s collegiate facilities
- Professional, experienced collegiate umpires
- League carries $ 1 Million Liability Insurance and $25,000 Supplemental Medical Insurance (per occurrence)
- Baseballs and team equipment is provided
- Jersey, Hat, Socks & Belts* are provided
- Experienced Coaches and Instructors on all teams
- Live game feeds, with league, team and player stats & standings via Game Changer (team GC pages are prepaid and free for players, parents, coaches and fans)
- Live internet broadcast of select games via UStream
- Our teams will play approximately 30 regular season games, and be eligible to qualify for post season play
- Our players are eligible to be seleced to participate in our annual All Star Game
- *baseball pants are not provided by the league or teams. It is the responsibility of each player to bring their own baseball pants, (once you are placed on a roster, you can check your teams color schemes to determine if you need white or grey pants).
- Bats are not provided by the league or teams. It is the responsibility of each player to provide himself with an adequate supply of bats for their personal use throughout the season.
- Housing is not included in league membership fees. See our Housing Page for additional housing information and cost.
2018 LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP FEES:
Defensive players, hitters & two way players: $1,100.00
Pitchers Only: $700.00
“DIRECT PLAYER SUPPORT” RAFFLE
This is a “Direct Player Support” Raffle, where the players sell the raffle tickets, which have great prizes, for $20.00 each, and keep the proceeds from the raffle ticket sales to help offset their summer baseball expenses, and turn in only the completed ticket stubs.
The league offers our players the opportunity to particiapate in our league’s “Direct Player Support” Raffle to help offset the cost of league membership and housing fees. Once a player’s fees are paid in full, the league will send him a quantity of DPS $20.00 Raffle Tickets equal to the amount of fees paid.
All money from the sale of DPS Raffle tickets go directly to the player selling them, and provides an opportunity for a player’s family, friends, co-workers and others to help support their favorite student/athlete, while getting a chance to win some great prizes. If a player sells all of his DPS Raffle Tickets, he will essientally be playing, and staying, for free.
First Payment: $250.00 – ALL PLAYERS – due with your player registration.
Second Payment: $200.00 – Defensive players/hitters/2-way players – due December 1, 2017.
Third Payment: $200.00 – Defensive players/hitters/2-way players – due February 1, 2018.
Final Payment: $450.00 – ALL PLAYERS – due April 1, 2018.
By submitting your player registration information to the league, you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to abide by all terms and conditions, as set forth herein.
WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?
Step 1: Interested players should send the following registration information to the league by email at email@example.com.
Step 2: Use the online payment option below to make your initial payment of your 2018 League Membership Fees ($250.00), due with your registration. (You may also pay with a check or money order, made payable to Tidewater Summer League, and mailed to PO Box 1566, Nags Head, NC 27959)
Step 3: Once your registration information AND your first payment of your 2018 League Membership Fees have been recieved, a roster spot for you will be reserved and you will receive a confirmation email from the league.
Player Registration Information Needed by the League
Subject line: 2018 Player
You must include the following information:
Player Cell Phone:
Secondary Position (if applicable):
College Attending 2017/2018:
- Rookie (graduating HS 2018)
High School Attended:
Home Town (city/state):
Date of Birth:
- Small – Medium (S-M)
- Medium – Large (M-L)
- Large – X-Large (L-XL)
Emergency Contact Information:
- Emergency Contact Name:
- Emergency Contact Email:
- Emergency Contact Phone Number:
- Secondary Emergency Contact Name:
- Secondary Emergency Contact Email:
- Secondary Emergency Contact Phone Number:
Do you need Housing?
- No, I do not need housing.
- Yes, I would like to stay in the dorms at Virginia Wesleyan University, with the meal plan, for the additional $800.00 fee.
Did you play for one of our teams last year?
- No, I am a new player.
- Yes, last year I played for:
How did you hear about the Tidewater Collegiate Summer Baseball League?
Email the requested information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your player registration information and initial membership payment have been received by the league, you will receive an email confirming your roster spot for the upcoming season.