The Tidewater Summer League is looking forward to another great season of collegiate, wood bat, summer league baseball and providing our players with the opportunity to gain valuable playing experience after their collegiate season has ended.
If you are looking to challenge yourself this summer, playing against some of the top collegiate players from the Tidewater area and around the country, the Tidewater Summer League has an outstanding playing opportunity for you.
The 2023 season will run from June 1, 2023 – August 6, 2023 and will include our regular season games, exhibition games, our annual All Star game and our annual post season Postove Cup Championship Tournament.
In an effort to increase both the competitiveness and diversity of the Tidewater Summer League schedule, we will be once again merging our schedule with the Premier Collegiate League teams, creating an opportunity to challenge yourself this summer against not only some of the top collegiate players from the Tidewater area, but also from around the country. This will also allow us to stretch the schedule out across the summer and provide us with potential make up dates for weather impacted games, provide some days off to rest, work, and train.
We will be fielding three teams in our North division (Tidewater Summer League), the Norfolk Redbirds, Greenbrier Knights and Virginia Beach Sea Dogs. Combined with the three South division (Premier Collegiate League) teams, the Edenton Steamers, Tarboro River Bandits and Outer Banks Daredevils, we will have six teams competing in our 2023 Championship Season.
TSL teams will be playing a 24 game regular season schedule, with 12 games against our local Tidewater Summer League teams, plus 11 games against Premier Collegiate League teams and 1 game against a Coastal Plain League team (Tri-City Chili Peppers).
The All Star Celebration is scheduled for July 7th and 8th, and will include the Home Run Derby and Fan Fest on Friday night and the All Star Game on Saturday night. More information about the All Star Celebration will be released in the coming weeks.
- Founded in 1946;
- Well organized, high quality, competitive, wood bat summer baseball;
- Experienced Coaches dedicated to player development;
- Annual All-Star Celebration;
- Post Season Championship Tournament;
- Experienced collegiate umpires for all games;
- Live game feeds, with league, team and player stats & standings via Game Changer;
- Live internet broadcast of select games on the league’s YouTube channel;
- Player of the Week Awards, League MVP Awards and other player recognition;
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY RULES
- Current collegiate players are eligible to participate in the TSL.
- High School graduates who will be playing college baseball in the fall are eligible to participate in the TSL.
- All players must have NCAA eligibility remaining to be eligible to participate in the TSL.
- Players who have signed a professional contract to play baseball are NOT eligible to participate in the TSL.
2023 Membership Fees:
$1,250.00 Position Players /2 way players
$500.00 Pitchers Only
Payment Policy –
Players who are offered a roster spot can submit their $250.00 deposit, due at the time of their registration, or pay their membership fees in full, using our online payment page.
A link to our payment page will be sent via email once your registration information has been processed and we have confirmed a roster spot is available for you.
Players who choose to make payments for their 2023 membership fees will need to follow through with regular payments until their balance is paid in full. Please contact the league commissioner to make payment arrangements.
Membership fee also include the following baseball related expenses:
- Liability Insurance;
- Game Day Jersey;
- Game Day Hat;
- Matching Team Socks
- Matching Team Belt;
Players are responsible for providing themselves with the following:
- White baseball pants;
- An adequate supply of bats for the season;
- Their own batting helmet;
- A personal cooler with an adequate supply of drinking water, Gatorade, etc:
Eligible players who are ready to commit to joining us for the upcoming 2023 summer season should email the league with the following information (your commitment includes submitting both your registration information and payment):
Subject line “PLAYER”;
You must include the following information:
1. Player’s name;
2. Player’s cell phone number;
3. Player’s email address;
4. Primary Position;
8. High School attended;
9. Date of Birth;
10. Parent / Emergency Contact name;
11. Parent / Emergency Contact cell phone number;
12. Parent / Emergency Contact email address;
Send your email to:
Once your email has been received and the league has confirmed the availability of a roster spot for you, you will receive a confirmation email offering you a roster spot with one of our teams, along with a link to our payment page, where you will be able to complete the registration process and lock in your roster spot for the upcoming season.
Please email the league commissioner with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.