The Tidewater Summer League is looking forward to another great season of collegiate, wood bat, summer league baseball and providing our players with the opportunity to gain valuable playing experience after their collegiate season has ended.
If you are looking to challenge yourself this summer, playing against some of the top collegiate players from the Tidewater area and around the country, the Tidewater Summer League has an outstanding playing opportunity for you.
The 2023 season will run from June 1, 2023 – August 6, 2023 and will include our regular season games, exhibition games, our annual All Star game and our annual post season Postove Cup Championship Tournament.
This is your opportunity to challenge yourself this summer against not only some of the top collegiate players from the Tidewater area, but also from around the country, through our league and exhibition schedule of games.
We will be fielding three teams in the Tidewater Summer League this summer, the Norfolk Redbirds, Greenbrier Knights and Virginia Beach Sea Dogs, who, in addition to a competitive league schedule with the other Tidewater area teams, will be playing a challenging exhibition schedule against three Premier Collegiate League teams, the Edenton Steamers, Tarboro River Bandits and Outer Banks Daredevils, and the Tri-City Chili Peppers of the Coastal Plain League.
TSL teams will be scheduled a total of 24 game regular season games, with 12 league games against our local Tidewater Summer League teams, plus 12 exhibition games against the PCL and CPL teams.
The All Star Celebration is scheduled for July 6th, and will include the Home Run Derby and the All Star Game. The Tidewater Summer League will be fielding an all star team, consisting of the top players from our three TSL teams, who will be competing against the Premier Collegiate League all star team in the 2023 Annual All Star Celebration, hosted by the Outer Banks Daredevils.
The Tidewater Summer League Regular Season Champion will also represent the TSL in the Postove Cup Championship Tournament, competing against the PCL teams in the best of three play off series, to advance to the best of three championship series. Postove Cup Championship Tournament is scheduled for July 31st through August 5th.
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY RULES
- Current collegiate players are eligible to participate in the TSL.
- High School graduates who will be playing college baseball in the fall are eligible to participate in the TSL.
- All players must have NCAA eligibility remaining to be eligible to participate in the TSL.
- Players who have signed a professional contract to play baseball are NOT eligible to participate in the TSL.
- Founded in 1946;
- Well organized, high quality, competitive, wood bat summer baseball;
- Experienced Coaches dedicated to player development;
- Annual All-Star Celebration;
- Post Season Championship Tournament;
- Experienced collegiate umpires for all games;
- Live game feeds, with league, team and player stats & standings via Game Changer;
- Live internet broadcast of select games on the league’s YouTube channel;
- Player of the Week Awards, League MVP Awards and other player recognition;
2023 Membership Fees:
$1,250.00 Position Players /2 way players
$500.00 Pitchers Only
Membership fee also include the following baseball related expenses:
- Liability Insurance;
- Game Day Jersey;
- Game Day Hat;
- Matching Team Socks
- Matching Team Belt;
Players are responsible for providing themselves with the following:
- White baseball pants;
- An adequate supply of bats for the season;
- Their own batting helmet (face guards are strongly encouraged);
- A personal cooler with an adequate supply of drinking water, Gatorade, etc:
Eligible players who are ready to commit to joining us for the upcoming 2023 summer season, please check availability of roster spots at your position below and then email the league with the information listed.
Pitcher’s Only -Registration Open – roster spots available
Position Players and Two Way Players – Registration Closed – All roster spots for position players and two way players are currently filled*
*if your position shows closed and you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please submit your registration information listed below, and we will confirm you have been added to the waiting list and notify you should a roster spot at your position become available.
Subject line “PLAYER”;
You must include the following information:
1. Player’s name;
2. Player’s cell phone number;
3. Player’s email address;
4. Primary Position;
8. High School attended;
9. Date of Birth;
10. Parent / Emergency Contact name;
11. Parent / Emergency Contact cell phone number;
12. Parent / Emergency Contact email address;
Send your email to:
Once your email has been received and the league has confirmed the availability of a roster spot for you, you will receive a confirmation email offering you a roster spot with one of our teams, along with a link to our payment page, where you will be able to complete the registration process and lock in your roster spot for the upcoming season. Players being added to the waiting list will also receive an email, confirming the league has received their registration information and placed them on the waiting list. Should a roster spot at your position become available, the league will notify you by email.
Please email the league commissioner with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.