The Tidewater Summer League (est. 1946) combines experience, professionalism and an unwavering commitment to player development; with a high quality, well organized, competitive summer baseball program and the opportunity to spend part of your summer in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA.
The TSL’s City Baseball Leagueprovides a professional “spring training” type experience for collegiate players during the summer. Our program includes individualized, daily, personal, baseball related work outs covering strength and conditioning, speed and agility, hitting, throwing, receiving, position play, base running, etc, team practices plus a baseball game each day, where players receive live at bats and reps in the field with which to evaluate all the off the field work they are putting in.
Our league follows all NCAA rules and regulations, and all players must have NCAA eligibility remaining. Our season runs throughout the month of June, and our teams will be scheduled to 25 games, including our regular season schedule of games, exhibition games, &post season tournament. We will also be hosting our annual All-Star Game. Games are 9 innings in length, played on high quality fields, with a 3-man crew of collegiate umpires.
Serious about becoming a better baseball player – For collegiate athletes who are serious about becoming a better baseball player, the Tidewater Summer League was designed for you. Whether you are looking to move from the bench to the starting line up, from the pen to the starting rotation, or from the collegiate spotlight to the MLB Draft, what coaches and scouts are looking for is consistency.
Our summer development program is designed to give you the tools necessary to not only improve your skills, but to provide the platform of a solid daily personal baseball focused work out that will enable you to perform at your best every time you take the field. If improved performance and greater consistency is what your looking for, the City League is designed to help you achieve those goals.
“Pitch count restrictions/days rest” rules will be strictly enforced to maximize player safety and proper arm care. Professionally ran by experienced league administrators who have over 50 years of combined summer league management experience.
Not 100% sure about where you will be playing college baseball for the next school year – each summer, Junior College Players & other players looking to transition to a new school have been able to parlay their summer baseball experience into a new collegiate playing opportunity. Our league is “watched” by dozens of great collegiate programs.
Extended Summer Playing Opportunities – Also, each summer, once our season has ended, several of our league’s top players receive invitations to join other teams in some outstanding summer league’s whose season run into early August.
Housing is available – For player’s not living in the Virginia Beach area, the league offers an outstanding housing option, giving players the opportunity to stay in college dorm rooms, 2 players per room, and receive two meals per day in the dining hall and have access to campus amenities such as the weight room and baseball training facilities.
The TSL’s City League, along with it’s coaches and staff, are committed to our players, and their development. Every player in the league is important, every player’s individual summer experience while they are with us matters, and our program is designed to give every player the opportunity to build and master a solid daily personal baseball related work out routine and get in daily live reps and playing experience during our daily games.
Located in Virginia Beach, VA, a world class vacation destination, the Tidewater Summer League is the place to be this summer. Please consider spending part of your summer with us.
CITY LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Located in Virginia Beach, VA;
- Pro Style Spring Training Program, designed by professional players & coaches for collegiate players.
- Games played at great facilities in Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Chesapeake;
- 3-man crew of experienced collegiate umpires for all regular season and post season games, (Eastern Officials Association);
- League carries $ 1 Million Liability Insurance;
- $25,000 Supplemental Medical Insurance (per occurrence);
- Baseballs, Helmets, Jerseys, Hat, Socks & Belts* provided;
- Experienced Coaches dedicated to player development;
- Live game feeds, with league, team and player stats & standings via Game Changer;
- Live internet broadcast of select games via Facebook and/or Twitter;
- Well organized, high quality, competitive, wood bat summer baseball.
- Individual, customized programs designed to help each player reach their goals while helping to develop a solid, baseball focused, daily personal work-out that will help improve performance and consistency.
- Short season allowing players to have a productive summer baseball experience and still have time to enjoy their summer break, being home with family and friends, maybe take an online class, or pick up a few extra dollars working a summer job for a month or so before returning to school, all while maintaining the daily work-out regimes that became habit during the summer season.
- Our program is designed to ensure that every “able bodied” player in the league plays in every game, it’s built into the program. You will get daily live reps in the field and at bats.
- Players can expect to get approximately 100 innings in the field, and around 70 plate appearances during our regular season and post season games, and pitchers can expect to get between 15 and 20 innings on the bump over the season, with strict adherence to the league’s pitch count/days rest rules and as part of a healthy throwing routine.
- In addition, players will be getting additional reps in the field and additional hitting at daily practices.
- Access to league arranged practice fields, weight room, fitness center, indoor & outdoor batting cages, bullpens and other training facilities;
- Season will run from June 2nd – June 30th.
- Each team will be scheduled to play 25 games, including a 21 game regular season schedule, an exhibition game with the Military WarDogs and 3 games guaranteed in the Post Season Championship Tournament.
- Annual All-Star Game ;
- All league games are 9 innings;
- Player of the Week Awards, League MVP Awards and other player recognition;
- Discounts on great hotels in the Virginia Beach area through our league’s lodging partner LTD Hospitality for family and friends;
*Please note the following exceptions:
- Baseball pants are NOT provided by the league or teams. It is the responsibility of each player to bring their own baseball pants (1 pair white & 1 pair grey);
- Bats are NOT provided by the league or teams. It is the responsibility of each player to provide himself with an adequate supply of bats for their personal use throughout the season;
- Housing/Meal Plan is NOT included in league membership fees. See our Housing Info page for additional information;
CITY LEAGUE MEMBERSHIP COST
City League Membership Fee – $995.00 per player (includes all baseball related expenses* see exceptions listed above).
HOUSING MEAL PLAN COST
Housing/Meal Plan Fee – $1,000.00 per player (includes lodging throughout the season, staying 2 players per room in the dorms; all you care to eat lunch & all you care to eat dinner in the dining hall; and all applicable taxes, fees & gratuities).
Membership plus Housing/Meal Plan
For players who will be staying in the dorms with the meal plan, the combined cost of membership and housing/meal plan is $1,995.00